All Amarillo Public Library locations are now open to the public at limited capacity on the following schedule:
Downtown Library: Monday through Saturday from 9 AM to 6 PM
Branch Libraries: Tuesday through Saturday from 9 AM to 6 PM
Amarillo Public Library will continue to offer curbside service at all locations as long as it is feasible.
We’ve missed you and we’re happy to have you back at Amarillo Public Library. For your own safety as well as that of our staff and patrons, please follow these rules to keep your library as safe as possible:
- Our staff will wear masks while serving the public and we’d be grateful if you would wear one too. Remember:
My mask protects you—your mask protects me.
- Please keep a distance of 6 feet between yourself and our staff or other patrons.
- Please wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer that is available throughout the Library.
- Please limit the number of people in your group. Ideally, one adult will visit the library and pick up materials for the entire family. If this is not possible, please keep children with you at all times and do not allow them to explore the library unsupervised.
You will see these changes in our operations as we take steps to keep our patrons and staff safe:
- Keyboards, self-check kiosks, and other frequently used surfaces will be regularly sanitized throughout the day.
- To ensure social distance, fewer public access computers will available. In order to allow as many patrons as possible to access computers, daily computer time will be reduced to 60 minutes per patron.
- Printed magazines and newspapers will no longer be available. Patrons will be able to access the Amarillo Globe News via an onsite computer. Flipster—an online service that provides free downloadable magazines—is available to library cardholders through amarillolibrary.org.
- At this time, there is not a limit to how long individuals may remain inside the library. However, if capacity is reached and other patrons are waiting, we may ask people who have been at the library for some time to exit so that others may enter.
- Storytimes will continue to be virtual through Facebook live.
- Meeting rooms will not be available for rental.
- ESL and Citizenship classes will not take place this summer.
- Paper recycling is not available at this time.
- Please return items to our exterior book drops. We are continuing to quarantine materials that are brought back, so interior drops will not be available and staff cannot take items directly from you.